Original SoC Goals
From OWASP Live CD 2008
For historical purposes, the original Summer of Code (SoC) goals are listed below:
The Live CD 2008 project has several goals:
- Move from Morphix to SLAX (see Why SLAX)
- Get SLAX to have an equal number of tools as had existed in the Live CD 2007 (updating tools where necessary)
- Add OWASP branding to SLAX
- Add additional, quality tools
- Document the Live CD, both how it was created and general documentation (e.g. OWASP Testing Guide).
There were also some design goals, particularly, this should be a live CD which is
- easy for the users to keep updated
- easy for the project lead to keep updated
- easy to produce releases (I'm thinking quarterly releases)
- focused on just web application testing - not general Pen Testing.
(For general Pen Testing, the gold standard is Backtrack.)